I think I'm coming down with whatever illness my grandma has that causes her to shop for things simply because they're good deals. It's not that I'm buying things that I don't need, perhaps just things that I don't need now. But I'll need them someday, and I'll be able to find them in my neatly organized "grocery store" the day I do (now if that doesn't sound like a spitting image of Grandma, then I don't know what does!). I stumbled across a great site for coupon cutters called Fabulessly Frugal and now I am absolutely addicted. It gives a breakdown of somes uses for current coupons and sales that can often get you items for a huge discount, or even FREE! My lovely husband was nice enough to go along for the ride tonight (and even dig through the gross recycle can for some coupons I accidentally tossed) to humor me. He was a good sport, so I bought him a Twix bar...I had a coupon for it!

So here's tonight's breakdown:



OfficeMax -
HP 2 pack Black Ink: $26.99
Used 20% paper bag & $10 coupon from OfficeMax mailer
Saved: $15.40
Final Price: $11.59

Target -
Venus Embrace Razor: $7.94
Gillette Fusion Razor: $7.94
Gillette Shampoo: $3.59
Poptarts: $1.92 (on sale for $1.46)
Apples: $1.10/lb
(2) 10ct Bic Pens: $2.00
Used (2) $2.00 off razor coupons plus a coupon for FREE shampoo with the purchase of the Fusion, a $1.00 off coupon for 1 lb of apples (i.e. FREE apples), $0.75 off Poptarts, and (2) $1.00 off the purchase of two Bic products.
Received a $5 Target gift card for purchasing the two razors.
Saved: $11.80
Final Price: $12.64

Walgreens -
Softsoap Body Wash: $3.99
Conair Brush: $2.99
Huggies Wipes 216ct: $7.99
Flintstones Vitamins (my favs!): $7.99
Used a $2.00 and $1.00 off coupon for the vitamins and a $2.00 and $1.50 off coupon for the wipes.
Received $6 gift certificate for purchasing the body wash and brush (i.e body wash FREE and brush only $1!).
Saved: $12.50
Final Price: $10.47

Original Cost for Everything: $74.31
I paid: $34.70


I never would've thought that I could get things for free! Being the huge nerd that I am, I find that super exciting and the shopping experience was pretty fun f or me. I can't say the same for Chris, though. Especially since I had to split the Target and Walgreen purchases so he could first buy the items which got the gift certificates so I could then use the certificates on the rest of the purchases. Grandma would be proud, I'm sure!

And what makes me an even bigger nerd? My handy dandy receipt/coupon organizer. It's original intention was to provide me one spot to keep all of my receipts. I'm notorious for returning things without them, and it drives Chris bonkers. Now I know exactly where to find them, and there was even room left for all of my fun coupons!


Is it super lame that I'm looking forward to the ads and coupons that will be arriving with my newspaper this Sunday??

**Update**
I just returned from HyVee for my Sunday grocery shopping and ran across another awesome deal! Glade Fabric & Air Freshener on clearance from $5.39 to $0.50! I did a double-take too! I stocked up and came away with 12 bottles (although I don't know if I'll ever need that many!).


Original Cost for all 12: $64.68
I paid: $6.00