I wanted a low-key birthday, so Chris and I went out to the Des Moines Rose Gardens and then ended up stumbling upon Greenwood Park. We'd never been and I've always wanted to go, but I've had problems convincing Chris that it'd be a good time. The gardens were beautiful and there were still some roses in bloom, but I can only imagine what it'd look like in the middle of summer with all of them in full bloom. Next year I'll go to find out! Does anyone know when roses bloom??

After walking around the gardens for a bit, we stopped to get a few photos of my growing belly. Here I am at 36 weeks:

After the photo op, we made our way over to a bench for a little rest. We noticed a little water peeking behind some trees and went to investigate. As we kept walking, we stumbled across a secluded lake in the middle of the city! It was super peaceful and relaxing just sitting there, feeling like we were miles outside of the city.
(Photo courtesy of PictureDesMoines.com)
One of my favorite things about Des Moines is that there are so many hidden oases right inside the city. Next up, I'll show you my very own oasis - right in my own backyard!