I can finally cross another craft project off of my summer to-do list! I've been wanting to make some cute onesies for Azra for some time now. When I ran across this freezer paper stencil tutorial, I knew that I had to try it. Sure enough, it was a super simple project with super cute results!

To begin, I drew my design on the paper side of a piece of freezer paper. Make sure to recognize which pieces you actually want to cut out to paint the inside, or you'll be drawing/cutting twice as I did. Place the stencils wax side down on your fabric. To give the fabric some added stiffness, I placed a sheet of paper on the underside of the fabric as well. With your iron set on medium, iron over the freezer paper for a few minutes. It should begin sticking immediately.


Once it has set, you can begin painting. I used some acrylic paint that I had lying around, but I'm sure that fabric paint would work best. I took care to paint from the outside in, so as to not let the paint bleed under the paper.


I let the paint set for just a few minutes, then I carefully peeled off the paper to view my results!


A perfect little panda for the babe. I love the outcome and can't wait to start making tons of other designs!