May is a month of renewal for me. I have decided to get back to what I love: writing, reading, baking, crafting, playing piano, listening to music, and being outdoors. Somehow, after the birth of Azra, I just quit doing everything that I used to find so much joy in. It's been months since I've even picked up my mp3 player! So, I'm dusting off my trusty sewing machine, bringing out the cookbooks, and getting my hands a little dirty in my fancy new vegetable garden. All while listening to a few new albums by some of my fav bands. I thought to myself, why not give the website a little face lift too? I tinkered around for a bit in some HTML language, and found out that it's really pretty fun! Perhaps I'll add "learn HTML" onto my to-do list while I'm at it.

Azra (read: Chris) decided to support my new attitude by surprising me with a fancy new camera for Mother's Day. I am now the proud owner of this pretty piece of technology:




Not only does it actually work, which is a huge step up from my old camera, but it automatically downloads all of my pictures and videos to my computer when I get home! How cool is that? Not having time to download all of my stuff is no longer a viable excuse.

Naturally, I had to put it to good use on Mother's Day by getting shots of my free Mother's Day frozen yogurt from TCBY:


My lovely new raised vegetable garden:



And of course, my beautiful baby girl:

All in all, it was a great Mother's Day and a wonderful start to a fantastic summer. You might say that here in the Brock household, "our future's so bright, we've gotta wear shades!"