Last weekend, Chris and I took a trip with six of our friends to visit two other friends who moved to Bermuda last year. They were just living life in Des Moines and decided, "oh, Bermuda, why not?!" How awesome is that? I'd like to think that I have the audacity to do the same, but the truth is that deep down, I could never do it. After going off on my own to Spain for a semester, I now know the feeling of completely severing all physical ties to anyone I know. It is a completely freeing experience, but I'm nearly certain that I couldn't do it at this stage in my life. So, props to our friends, Ben and Smita, for having the courage to do something that very few of us would do (but would like to do) given the chance.

Onto the good stuff. Now, I'm no photographer, so you'll have to check out Chris' photos at a later point, but here are a few of my favs from my new camera:


We got off the plane and saw the most beautiful ocean waters that I have ever seen. The colors didn't even look real...

Even during walks along the beaches, we couldn't believe just how beautiful the place was...

(No, I'm not fat/pregnant, the dress was just billowing in the wind. :) )


The guys played golf with views like this...

We ate dinner with the most beautiful surroundings I've ever experienced...

Even below the surface was amazing...

Chris and I are so lucky to have been able to experience such a wonderful place with such an amazing group of friends. We never could have imagined that when we packed our bags to start our adventure in Des Moines (which now doesn't seem so big in comparison to Ben & Smita's move to Bermuda!), that we would be so lucky to call these people our friends. Ben & Smita were the most hospitable hosts and made sure that we had only the best time. Between the crystal caves, snorkeling in the ocean, taking the boat around the island, or even just taking silly pictures in their apartment, I can't decide which was my favorite. It was a great trip, and I'm so thankful that I had the experience, but we were both so ready to see our baby!

So, a special thanks goes out to our friends for the visit, as well as to our parents for watching Azra, for this was a trip that we never could have experienced on our own.