With a few appointments over the weekend keeping us from taking our originally planned 4-day trip to Chicago, we decided to take a short trip to Minneapolis instead. We left very early Sunday morning with Lola in tow. It was her first vacation with us and she was having the time of her life!


On the way, we stopped at a rest stop for a walk through the woods (even though it was a rest stop, it was beautiful nonetheless) and then on to a little shopping at an outlet mall. We did well and bought only a few things, including a baby onesie with a whale on the butt (we just couldn't resist!). Then we were off to our hotel. We stayed at Sofitel, a super nice French hotel that has a few locations here in the States. I would highly recommend it. It was a beautiful smoke-free hotel in a great location and they even allow pets to stay free of charge, which is super rare. Luckily our hotel room was ready super early, so we headed straight there for a comfy bed. Actually, it ended up being the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! Lola loved it too.


We stayed awhile at the hotel for a little relaxation and play time. Doesn't the bed just look like heaven?? It was even better than a Marriott bed, which is hard to beat!


We did some exploring and shopping throughout the trip, and while IKEA is usually what I look forward to, we happened to stumble upon something even greater. I'm a huge organization nerd, and if I could afford all the great organization stuff then my pantry would definitely look like this:


Alas, my pantry definitely doesn't look like this. Actually, I don't even have a pantry, but a girl can dream. And dream I did when I entered the monstrosity that was The Container Store. An organization nerd's dream! Chris really had no interest in the place, but he was a good sport and spent my allotted 1/2 hour in the awesome store. I came out with some great ideas of how I'd like my yet-to-be-built master closet look.


We ended the trip with a picnic at Minnehaha Park and were home in time to relax a bit before bedtime. All in all, it was a fun and much-needed get away!