What a day - and it's only 4:00. Up 'n' at 'em as usual, Chris and I tackled some morning chores and then got down to some deep cleaning. It's a gorgeous day out and we were ready to take advantage of it. I made us a hearty breakfast of strawberry crepes and then we were off! While Chris handled the manly chores like cleaning the yard and garage, I got down and dirty in the house. Put a little music on for me, and I can clean like nobody's business.

First things first, I deep cleaned the french doors and then left them open for Lola and Trio to roam around outside. Even Lola must have been in the cleaning mood because she took advantage of the towel I laid down and wiped her paws upon entrance.


Of course I had to stop the cleaning a few times to keep an eye on the kids. Trio's exceptionally reserved about the outdoors, so I was surprised to see him investingating the backyard with Lola.
I know what you're thinking, but yes, our cat is the size of a small dog. In fact, Lola and Trio are the exact same weight - a healthy 17 lbs. :)

After finishing the doors, I moved on to cleaning the inside of the fireplace and then I was off for more misadventures in the kitchen. The oven had been running on self-clean all morning, and just as I was getting ready to bake, I noticed that the latch wouldn't budge from the lock position. I was in the middle of making Runzas. How do these babies look?!


If you answered beautiful, then you would be correct. Once Chris got home from some errands, he was able to unjar the door (I guess it just needed a man's touch) so I could proceed with cooking my masterpieces. They turned out golden brown and delectable, as expected.


After chowing down I was up to the master bath to lay down a few more tiles. Those suckers are are much more difficult than HGTV makes it seem! We started last night by laying down all of the ones that didn't need cut. We got those done in an hour and were having the time of our lives. Then came the tricky part: cutting the tiles to perfection. It seems like each one takes an hour. I was working with a particularly tough cut for around the vanity and got a nice straight cut along with numerous blisters. The only thing keeping me going was the lady across the street.

I haven't met many of my neighbors yet, so I don't really know her story. From my second story window it seemed that she was 60ish and kooky. My ears first perked up after hearing someone repeating "tweety" in a sing-song voice. I got up to spy out of the window just to see her return inside. A couple of minutes later, she returns singing "tweety bird" over and over. I look out again and she's just sitting on her front porch looking up at a chirping bird. I hope that she soon moves on to a nursing home (*cough* psych ward *cough*) so we have a shot at getting a neighbor our own age and sanity level.