Chris and I have been on a redecorating spree before my family arrives next week. We're definitely much more into modern/contemporary spaces than the previous owners. The master bath was a little too rustic/country for our tastes, so we finally tackled the room and did a complete 180 on it!
Here is the bathroom before (previous owners):



After getting our shower repaired, our bathroom became fully functional, but it was still not so pleasant to look at. Of course we painted the walls and the cabin-looking wood and ended up with something pretty decent. However, after painting the wood white, it became ever so clear that the floors were mega dingy. This I already knew as my mom and I attempted to clean the floor upon moving in. It was then that we noticed the floors were actually white as opposed to tan. Gross!

What Chris and I thought would be a one night job, turned into a whole weekend of flooring. It seemed that each tile that required cutting took two hours (1/2 hour to cut the tile only to find out too much was cut off, 1 hour to cut a new tile to perfection, and a 1/2 hour break for a bowl of ice cream to recoup). I emerged from the process achy, blistered, and ready to sleep on my new pretty (and clean!) floor.




The window still needs repainted (and the horrible spray paint on the window panes chipped off), but overall it's a room that I'm happy to spend some time in! I would've included some pictures of me working, but true to labored worker form, my pants didn't seem to stay up well enough for a decent posting picture. At least my thong was covering my crack though, which is more than can be said for I Left My Ham Sandwich in My Fat Roll for Later Plumber #1.
Last weekend we painted the front room and it's starting to look great! More on that to come, but next week expect a great post on Chris' 30th Birthday Surprise Extravaganza!