Chris and I were lucky enough (lucky = not driving back to Lincoln) to have my family up for Thanksgiving. I enjoyed making the meal, save for the turkey which my mom made. I touched the bag that it went inside and that was enough for me - dead animals are not my thing. I even made a beautiful pecan pie that my dad claimed was "okay," which means "pretty good" in his language I think...I'll take it!
Here it is in all of its glory, held by Kelsey in her Martha Stewart pose:



Thankfully my lovely husband only got a small bite out of the pie before serving time. While I'm on the topic of husbands, I ran across an interesting article today about divorce risk. As an actuary, the word risk catches my eye, so of course I took a gander. The article even has a link to a Divorce Calculator which is concerning that there is even a need/desire for such a thing. Nonetheless, I tested it out and am proud to say that our chances of divorce are a mere 8% in the next five years. It's not very scientific, but it brings up interesting points about demographics.