Pete just left back home for Omaha after staying with us for the weekend, and now I'm left with nothing to do nor the will to do anything. With the new luxury of my own washing machine, I have taken some initiative and done some laundry so I don't fall behind. I must say that it's very nice being able to do laundry whenever I want and not having to wait until I can hunt down some quarters. So, as I'm sitting in front of the fire with my crossword puzzle in between loads, I figured that I'd post a few pictures from the major overhaul of our bathtub when we moved in.

After a hot shower by my mother, she noticed that our white bathtub was bubbling. Further investigation made us aware of a painted porcelain tub -- a baby blue tub, no less!




The vast majority of the work was done by my loving mother, and I just happened to jump in at the end to help. It took about 8 hours for us to scrape all of the white paint, but the after -- bathing in a clean tub -- was a sweet repayment for the hard work. We've still got the side of the tub to do, but that can definitely wait. In a few years, we'd love to remodel the whole bathroom, but I will definitely be keeping the baby blue tub and working it into the design!