It's hard to believe that our little girl is one month old today! Here she is doing her one-month birthday dance:
It seems like it was only yesterday that she entered into our lives (very painfully, I might add! :) ). I've truly enjoyed the last four weeks home that I've had with her, and I'm so glad that I have another eight left before I have to leave her for work.

After making it through month one, here are a few of the lessons I have learned about parenting:

1. Moms don't wear sweats and a ponytail sans makeup because they're lazy, it's due to being interrupted by the baby every time you're about to step foot in the shower.

2. You either quickly learn how to feed both you and the babe concurrently, or you don't eat.

3. The three changes per day due to spit up, pee, and other baby excrement are not only the baby's clothes being changed. Note to self: Triple check the fit of the diaper before sitting your baby on your lap. Assume all wet spots on your leg are baby pee and not spilled water.

4. Purchase a large computer hard drive before the baby's arrival. We hit the 300 photo mark by only the third day of her life. It'll take me weeks to pare down and organize all of the photos!

5. Looking into her big blue eyes makes you forget about your lack of sleep, cute clothes and good looks that went out the window when she came into this world.