After much deliberation, I have come to the following decision: Kylee Wagner is no more.

Introducing: Kylee Brock.

I have officially began the tedious process of changing my name. There was a slight hold up due to me having no clue where my marriage license is and therefore having to send for a new one. I then have to bring the certificate to the DMV for a new driver's license which I can then take to the Social Security office for a new card. After the new card arrives, I can then begin the horrendous work of changing everything in my past 25 years to my new name.

And here arrives my beef with Google: make it easier to change your name! While I should be counting my lucky stars that I don't have to resort to kyleebrock22682698326 for an email, I am still annoyed to no end that I can not have kylee.brock. Yes, I am that anal that brock.kylee is going to drive me nuts for quite sometime, but I'll get over it eventually. Issue #2 - Google makes it extremely difficult to transfer my Google Reader, Blogger, etc to my new email. It would be super helpful if I could just change my Gmail account and everything else Google related would transfer right over. Instead I'll have to keep my old account open for eternity as it is the original admin of my pages.

But back to the names. I was said to say "Auf Wiedersehen" to my nice, simple, German name until I did a little research this morning. Chris can still be proud of his fancy Irish heritage, but I'm happy to report that Brock is indeed a German name! You see, way back in the day, the Saxons from Germany migrated to modern-day Ireland and England. With them, they brought the Brock surname. Although, I must add that it's not going to be so glamorous having the last name Brock as it's the Saxon word for badger.

And just in case Chris decides to throw his McDonald name in my face (the last name he should have, if his ancestor hadn't been adopted by the Brocks), then I'm ready with another curve ball: McDonald is actually Scottish, so you can kiss your luck of the Irish goodbye!